Sign in to follow this  
PQM

Car too low for 4 wheel alignment !!!

darren, Yes and no , On a Corrado you can change the toe and camber settings on front and the Caster is not adjustable. The rear of the car is a little different, because of the design you can only use shims to change the way the rear tyres sit
Thanks GIXXERUK. Can you buy the shims from VW? The n/s left of the car is toeing in 18', I think. I suppose I could take a punt and change the stub axle hoping that'll fix it.

Ive been given a quote from a garage in sheffield by :-

http://www.swiftsperformance.co.uk/

£150 for alignment and tracking :s ( seems expensive to me )

Also found out after taking car through to them to have a look see and verify they can do it that my wheels require 215's and not 205's in tyre size :S

well i took the plunge and agreed to have it done next tuesday ...

P.s Cars is getting shut in garage over the winter period, just bought a little Lupo 1.7sdi to run around in

cheers all for inputs....... problem is solved.

ADMIN MAY LOCK

205/215 part. Rubbish! Don't listen to them, i've had 205 yoko's, falkens etc,etc on it, all 205s. It's the only way it'll go low enough. It's only a 7.5" wheel anyway.

Demon tweeks fitted em, and believe me they won't mess with tyre sizes, mate had a highline vr, wanted to put 195s on it to get it lower without scrubage, they refused!

Difficult situation you find yourself in! Take it to C&R, or Tweeks.