Sign in to follow this  
DelMonty

Worrying...

fair enough if you live in the city but what if you live in rural areas with sh*te

public transport if any!!!!

+ who wants to use public transport when you've a rado on the drive!!

I still don't understand this crap. We're already getting screwed to death on fuel duty and it is, for me, the fairest way of measuring it - the more you travel, the more you pay right at the pumps! No need for expensive sat nav and tracking systems!

And as regards public transport - I DO live in the city but to get to where I work would require taking two buses, one of which is rather random and intermittent as to when it decides to show up. And at peak times, ie at the time when I want to use it, i'm forced to STAND shoulder to shoulder, crammed into a dirty old bus hanging on as it hoons round the corners, etc.. i'd much rather take my car where I can sit in relative comfort listening to my own music even if it does mean that I have to inch along in traffic.

When will the government ever understand that whilst the public transport system in this country is so dire, there will never ever be any kind of support for this sort of thing.

'taint gonna happen for a long while yet... it's got so many flaws and ways around the available technology that any system inplemented at the moment can be overcome with the simple use of some tinfoil... :roll:

Don't panic, we'll just continue to get screwed on the fuel and road tax for a good few years yet... :mad:

My brain cant comprehend exactly what im trying to say but bear with me:

If fuel costs are reduced, and we pay per mile, then it doesnt really matter how fast we travel in that mile, as the cost per mile is the same. The additional fuel used will be made cheaper anyway, so surely we then dont need to worry about fuel economy? - that'll make the hippies happy.

Maybe im just trying to see the bright side, but ill be looking forward to emptier roads to drive on at inappropriate speeds! :lol: