Sign in to follow this  
selbekk

porsche mirrors

Hi,

I kinda f**k'd my passanger side mirror the other day (I hate corrado hand brakes ), and I would rather buy some neat replacement porsche ones than getting them repainted. Besides, the Porsche ones looks a thousand times better than the originals.

So, I've seen adaptor kits you put on original 911 tear-drop style mirrors, but where do you find them? What if I used the original bottom piece from my rado mirrors, and somehow fibreglassed them to match the design of the porsche ones?

How have you guys done it? :) And if you know where I can buy a finished set, that would be even better..

Hi,

I kinda f**k'd my passanger side mirror the other day (I hate corrado hand brakes ), and I would rather buy some neat replacement porsche ones than getting them repainted. Besides, the Porsche ones looks a thousand times better than the originals.

So, I've seen adaptor kits you put on original 911 tear-drop style mirrors, but where do you find them? What if I used the original bottom piece from my rado mirrors, and somehow fibreglassed them to match the design of the porsche ones?

How have you guys done it? :) And if you know where I can buy a finished set, that would be even better..

DSP do an off the shelf kit but Awesome told me it was poor quality but its the easy option. You can use genuine bases too but there £30ea + Vat from the dealers. If you do a search for porsche mirrors i vaguely remember describing the fitment details.

genuine bases from what car maker? VW or Porsche? And does DSP have an internet page?

I searched for porsche mirrors, but I didn't find anything special.

Porsche mirrors are all well and good but but a porsche is rubbish in comparison to a mclaren F1 which incidentaly, used corrado wing mirrors!

Just put the old ones back on and tell people you've got McF1 mirrors!

Yup, here's a really badly taken photo of one to prove it. you can see the shape of them well enough, btw the one to the left is the actual car that set the world record for fastest production car back in the day. Beautiful cars, the engine bay is a work of gold heat-shielded art :notworthy: