Sign in to follow this  
basket-case

golf 1.8 t part number query

anyone know the correct part number for the air mass meter on a golf 1.8 turbo 150 bhp 2002 model?

hubbies meter has gone phhht on his golf and he's seen them on ebay for £50 instead of the £100 that the stealers are quoting.

cheers chaps

anyone know the correct part number for the air mass meter on a golf 1.8 turbo 150 bhp 2002 model?

hubbies meter has gone phhht on his golf and he's seen them on ebay for £50 instead of the £100 that the stealers are quoting.

cheers chaps

got a feeling there's a fair few of them you probably need the chassis number, my dad had one start to go on his A6 and cleaning it with carb cleaner fixed it!

David.

37906461CX is the only one listed for the AGU engine

Should be about £75 exchange

The X on the end of the part number denotes exchange, I think they quoted for 37906461C which are £120

Ordered new maf, which arrived from poland of all places!, fitted it saturday morning, now I've still got the emision error light on the dash (little engine symbol) and when I gave it some beans last night it was spluttering like an ashtmatic over 5K rpm.

No i'm guessing that once the warning light is illuminated, the car goes into get you home mode, ie it just uses a middle of the road setting for all the engine sensors and limits the rpm, hence even with new maf fitted its running kinda sh!te.

question is now, - should the light of reset itself once the new maf was fitted.

and if that isnt the case - if i go to a garage and get the light reset will it start running spot on again.

Just to recap the car is a 02 golf 1.8 turbo. NOT the missus L plate raddo

update - got error reset by garage, but then on the way to work accelerating down slip road 3rd gear 4-5k revs into forth foot flat down , and ,wallop, car starts dying ,revs plummet, take foot off gas, revs pick up, feather throttle engine starts dropping off again, keep foot off gas for 15-20 seconds then gingerly reapply power and its ok again, though i'm convinced the car is a lot more "flat" than it was before.

I've got no error code up now, any ideas ?