Sign in to follow this  
jenks

Heater matrix?

Last sunday i took my 94 vr6 up to crail to the quarter mile,the old girl did good, however at the end of near enough 26 flat out runs i was begining to smell coolant?

So monday morn checked water and she was low, just a small amount left in expansion tank, and since then shes been using it!

No leaks from garage floor,no water mixing with oil, fans n thermostat work.

But tonight i had the car turning over in the garage and steam started coming up through the scuttle panel and when i got into the car it started coming up through the dash and steaming up the window,when the fans were put on it started coming through.

The passenger side carpet has been wet for a few weeks, now i 'thought' this was the usual leaves collecting in scuttle panel.

So from my knowledge this is the heater matrix yeah?

If so can you kindly pass me on 'how to' links or links with further info and prices?

Thank you

yeh it does sound like the heater matrix 2 me, first of all just bypas it, a piece of piping will do the trick, (unplug the 2 pipes in the engine bay and join together), if this stops the loss of fluid then yeh your matrix is f****d, but it will only cost you £35 plus about an entire day to do. :wink:

Thot so,didnt think they were that cheap tho!

is there any 'how to' guides on here or vortex?

Cheers