Sign in to follow this  
easygeezer

Temp Guage Fault

Hi, recently bought G60 Corrado and temperature guage has never worked, I got hold of a second hand Black sender and tried this but made no difference, a friend of mine said to jump the 2 wires that went to the sender and it would prove if the wires were broken as he said the guage would go up if the wires were joined together.

I done this just above connecter and sure enough guage went up so I figure I must of had a poor connection in connector, problem is guage does not work anymore even if I join wires together, I am thinking I have damaged guage by doing this, any one have any experience on this or a remedy ?

Because I have no temperature guage it makes you a little paranoid regards overheating as fan does not seem to cut in too often and I watch the oil temp but that gets up to 120 which I guess is high ??

Hmm.... I've got a G60 and my temp guage hardly ever moves up. After an hour or so of driving it has moved up, but nowhere near a level that would be concerning.

Are you sure it's not working ?

catch_twotwo, my friend also has that problem. Mine moves quite a bit, or at least to in the middle between too cold and too hot.

Same problem here... Got a new instrument cluster and swapped over - same problem.

Then suddenly the gauge has started moving - in unison with the rev counter!

Joy!

you shouldnt really short the wires out for any more than a split second as the guage will move beyond is normal range of travel and the mechanism becomes disconnected, you should be able to take the guage apart and find that a small peg on the back of the mechanism has popped out of a slotted guide, just re-locate the peg and it should be fine.

when the sender failed on mine the needle only just moved even after half an hour of driving.

for the cost of the senders you might as well change the blue and black senders at the same time as mine actually failed within two weeks of each other.

You can take the gauge out without removing the whole cluster. Just remove the plastic surround (2 screws in top, two in each bottom corner, under covers) and the plastic front from the cluster (one small screw on each side)and then gently pull the gauge outwards. It's a friction fit and will slide off easily (just remember the LCD screen isn't attached to the gauge, so don't pull on that).

I might have a spare (working) gauge in a couple of weeks if you need it - bought it to check mine and neither work, so that's not the problem...

Good luck!

Coolrado you are a star, that is exactly what had happened, problem now solved :-)

Dines thanks for the offer ..

:thumbleft: no problem, one for the knowledge base maybe, as i know a couple of people who had the same problem.