Sign in to follow this  
jenks

Quick Help needed

Ok everythins goin fine until i get to the bulkhead to take the actual heater matrix off, taken the two pipes off,then the 1st 10mm bolt at the top then i went onto the 2nd 10mm bolt (by the brake line) and the b@stard bolt just spins with the thread,so I can get it off.

Tried soaking it in wd40,had all types of vice grips,molegrips on it but the they just slide off the thread!

Its really p!ssing me off cos everythings went smoothly until this stupid bolt!

Any ideas? is snapping it off a good idea if all else fails? And is there just this bolt left? any others to take off around the bulk head?!

Cheers!

The back of that stud is moulded into the heaterbox, it sound like it's spinning in the mount.. I'd use a 10mm spanner and a pair of molegrips to undo it, if it were my problem.

Gavin

Already tried this! many a times! lost count,if i snap it off,will i be able to drill it out and attach another bolt and nut?

You could struggle to do that. The heater box would go back in and not fall about, without it. If you were to try and knock it back and forth you would damage the bulkhead.

Can you get some heat on it?

Gavin

The only heat ive got is from aheat gun :oops:

But ive got a chiesel so ill have to just chiesel it off!

Great fun! :?

thanks for the input mate!

If the mole grips keep sliping, if you have a dremel drill or some thing grind the bolt so it is square ish then the mole should get a good grip, as h100vw says a bit of heats not a bad idea