Sign in to follow this  
sefton

what is "Rat look"?

Hi

Looking through performance vw yesterday, and came across the article about Charlies show, There was a part were it was describing current trends like old school etc and Rat look was one of them!

Doe's anyone want to enlighten me?

Cheers. :)

rat look is matt black paint work etc have you seen the e38 passatt that is classified as this..

Rat look originated on Bikes...

Tended to go something along the lines of "Get an old bike frame, bolt on a weird engine, forks, back end etc, paint matt black and ignore the oil leaks..." :lol:

We did a rat look Type 2 camper when I was a mechanic that was awesome... How it ever got an MOT is beyond me! :lol: She was known as Mega-shed and had custom finishes all over such as a hammer finished door (5lb lump hammer!) and the megadeth "peace sells" logo painted on the side with the logo "type 2s sell, but who the f£$@ would buy this?!?" under it... :shock: :lol:

Most of these new rat look cars are just a dodgy/roughish matt paint job with a silly big engine, no dash/interior and lots of gaffa tape! :lol:

Yeah...Rat-look- looks like a car that just about escapes the scrapyard

Imagine a car thats been left in a field for five years,been hit by an angry farmer with a shotgun and then trampled by stampeding cattle and your almost there.... :p

You can tell I live in a farming area...Ooooarrr!!! :lol:

Yup, They're own 'Rat-look' MKI was in the free poster. Basically, they stripped the paint off, gave it salt baths and smashed the headlights etc....

Yup, They're own 'Rat-look' MKI was in the free poster. Basically, they stripped the paint off, gave it salt baths and smashed the headlights etc....

Sounds horribly like someone is trying to do that to my C at the moment... :?

In the last 3 months I've had both headlights and the grill smashed, taken the paint off the drivers wing while parking :roll: and blown the engine up twice... Is someone trying to tell me to do something to my C?!? :shock:

I'm going the other route... Time to re-spray and rebuild, bigger and better than when she left the factory... 8)