Sign in to follow this  
cheesy

Changing boot lock

does anyone know the procedure for changing the lock?

can it all b done from the inside of the tail gate or do u have to take the number plate surround offto get to some screws?

help much apprieated chris

Think it is all done from inside the tailgate. Was having a look at my spoiler yesterday so wasn't really paying attention to the boot lock but it all seems to happen from in there.

whats wrong with it.

i have problems with my boot lock from time to time. its the lever on the central locking arm sticking in the plunger. it can clearly be seen from the inside . take the cover off. if its the same problem as mine then the bbot lock wont open and you get a clunk noise from it on opening with locking sometimes. you have to manually move the plunger by hand when pressing the arm button so you are basically giving it a helping hand to work. after that itll work fine again and you will be able to use the lock from the outside.

When the boot lock is working correctly - central locking, etc. Should I still need to open it with the key or should I just be able to press the plunger for it to open ??

I've always wondered why I need to use the key to open the tailgate IF the central locking is working correctly.

I cannot activate/de-activate the central locking system from the boot lock.

Do I have a central locking fault ?? :?

has 2 settings dunt if for boot. with locking or without. depends which position its in. id pop the panel off the back n watch what happens. problems shouls be pretty apparent.

stevemac.

I think if the lock looks like this " - " then it will work with the central locking. However, if it looks loike this " l " you may have to use the key. I might be talking pants though but give it a try :p

stevemac.

I think if the lock looks like this " - " then it will work with the central locking. However, if it looks loike this " l " you may have to use the key. I might be talking pants though but give it a try :p

When it looks like this "-" or this "l" it doesn't work with central locking, to open it I have to turn the key so it looks like this "/" in which case it will open regardless of wether the rest of the car is locked or not.

Ah well, just an idea. Sorry I couldn't help mate. Thought I was the same sort of set up as my MKII Golf GTI :oops:

It is apparently, maybe he just has a fault. Somehow, i cant use a key in mine, it wont go in, but it has always opened with the CL.