Sign in to follow this  
biggrim

Dashboard

Is the dashboard from the Passat the same as the ones found in the late spec C's? Looks the same to me but not 100%. Would imagine if it is, it will be easier to get a hold of one than a Corrado one. Want a late spec dash in the future and this may help if correct. Any ideas peeps? Cheers

Edit:- might actually be better off in the Inside your interior section. If so, could one of the mods please move it for me? Cheers :roll:

The Corrado Dash is just for the corrado according to the parts CD ATP pages.

The early and late dashes are the same except for the inserts that house the switchs etc.

So basically you only need to replace the inserts and the ducting for the heater as they are different to cos of the round heater controls

Hope that helps

Thanks Nigel. Thought for a minute I could get a passat dash easily on the cheap and get it to fit but no joy. Just have to save up and hunt down a broken late-spec C then. 8)

I think the passat dash may fit but it is slightly different from what i remember (my dad had one)..

Why not put a TT dash in or something crazy!! depends what your taste is, BTW the later heater controls are pants, I would just change the switchs and insert next to the drivers door, and i seem to remeber reading that the later stalks and switches are all the same connections. you might wanna check in that.

Personally i think the sliding heater controls are better and easier to use.

Mad crazy mental dash that is!!!! Thing is he's probably running a TT engine aswell so it makes sense to have the complete dash in with the clocks. Would you be able to make the TT clocks work with the G60 engine or would they read faulty readings?

Im pretty sure that car still has the g60 engine for now. The pic was only posted at the weekend though and the installation is still work in progress afaik so dont know if hes got the clocks working.

I got a TT engine... *mind wonders...*

I got a LHD rado... so a bit harder, but been thinking of changing to OE managment and the TT dash at the same time would only make sense...

Mmmm