Sign in to follow this  
monVR6

Slight knock on take-off - (95 VR)

I'm getting a slight knock from what feels like the drivers wheel area when accelerating from standing - (or if booting it in second from low speed).

It was jacked up yesterday for the MOT and I understand the suspension can sometimes need reseating in thecaps in these circumstances - the MOT place put it back up on the ramp and could not see any problem. All bushes, suspension parts looked fine - (and should be as they've virtually all been replaced) - any ideas??

Jack the wheel up and look for play, could be a ball joint, bush or CV but may be something simple like a loose brake caliper or carrier bolt so worth checking...

OK - took a quick look under there as described - (finally got around to it !!) - and could not see anything obvious. Any other ideas - it seems to do it through turns as well

Cheers

Could be the top mount bearings are shot on your shocks, jack it up and grap the wheel and try pushing the shock up and down any movement and then either the nut is loose or (most likely) bearind is worn. Change both mounts and bearings. Worked for me as I had the same prob!!

could be the bushes on the wishbones, thats what mine was after days of trying to figure out my knock on take off!!!

could be the bushes on the wishbones, thats what mine was after days of trying to figure out my knock on take off!!!

Sounds like wishbone bushes to me too, get someone to watch your front wheel, then drive foward/back a few times, if there's any movement in the wheel (apart from the obvious!!) it's your bush.

The vertical wishbone bush is sometimes held in by a metal collet thing (very technical here, but it is new years day!!! :hic:) between the bolt and the bush, sometimes they break up inside. Had A LOT of trouble with one of these on a MK2 once.