Sign in to follow this  
cookem

Clutch Peddle gets stuck down

I would appreciate anyones help.

When I keep my foot on the clutch peddle (like when at traffic lights) for a while, it gets stuck down. Bit tricky to explain, but its like where the normal range of movement would have the gears bite at about 3/4 of the travel up from the floor, when this problem occurs, the bite point changes to about 1/4 of the way up from the floor. When this happens I have to force the gear lever back into neutral and hook my foot under the clucth peddle and lift it up. From then on its fine until the next time I keep it depressed for a while.

Had this problem for over 4 years, and although its never got any worse, its annoying at times. :cry:

Thanks in advance for your help.

Are you losing any fluid? - I suspect you have a leak in the system, most likely the master or slave cylinder, these can leak internally at first so may not be visible and also air can be drawn in to compensate for the fluid loss - get it checked out asap!

4 years!!! :shock:

i would say its one of the cylinder seals gone, basically all the fluid pushed past the seal. can be dangours cos your car could shoot forward.