Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Oil Sensor

I have a problem that after my car warms up and im just cruising at 30 in 3rd, 40 in 4th, 50 in 5th etc. the oil warning light starts to flash and beep at me. I can make it stop by accelerating, but thats not the point. Ive posted about this before and the possible suggestions were dirty or faulty oil sensor. This has been annoying me for some time now and i was gonna take a brief look myself, but i dont know where to look! And its 91 G60.

2 of them,1 on top of oil filter aluminium housing,the other's on the oil supply line to the supercharger(braided hose on the side of cyl.head).

Try changing the sensor if this doesn't sort thing might want to drop the sump off and check the stranner isn't blocked. If you find it is block i would change the pump and stranner there not a lot from GSF

change the 2 switches (they're not expensive) and if this doesn't cure it - DON'T DRIVE THE CAR UNTIL YOU DO SORT IT!!!

Check oil level is OK and dipstick holder tube isn't broken giving you a false reading.

Drop the sump and check the oil pump intake isn't blocked

Drop out the oil pump and check it's free and still pumping (I'd consider changing it while it's out anyway)