Sign in to follow this  
MickeyT

G60 with no history

Been looking for a G60 for ages now and have seen one with 70k on the clock but the charger hasn't been recon'd and the seller has no service history to verify the milage apart from a few old MOT's. Rest of the car sounds good but I haven't seen it yet. Wants £2K for it, what do you reckon? :!:

Hi mate, I've been looking for a C 16v for a few weeks now, and most of the peeps here surgest that the more history that comes with the car the better!

I'd go and have a proper look at it, see what it runs like, then decide.. its too early to decide if you are going to buy it without seeing it.. the seller is always go to say good things about the car to sell it!!!

michael, I personally would walk away unless it had every MOT cert for the last 3 years or so. Cant believe anyone can have a car with no service history.

What year is it cos, its very low milage for even a 92 G60.

But if he wants 2k for it, you could get him down to 1.5k and if it goes tits up then you can strip it, and sell the bits on ebay or here. rebuild able charger sell very well at the moment for a start.

any doubts walk away thats my thoughts on buying cars. for it to only have 70k on the clock the seats must be still in good nick and the interior should basically only just starting to show signs of wear. Check under the mats in the footwells, and look for worn carpet where someones shoes have worn it down, should be only showing some wear and tear for those miles. Check how long he has has the car, check on the log book dont take his word for it. it should say how many owners its had on the log book, take the address of the previous owner and call directory enquires for a phone number. ask the previous owner about the milage.

Then if you a still thinking about it get it HPI checked. As with All corrados check for signs of damage and poor repair. a twisted C is never the same again apparently.

Cheers for the reply. Will go and see it but it will mean 3hr drive :( Just trying to gauge a reaction before I go and see if anyone else had been in a similar situation etc

Get the Registration and call VW and aks for a service history check, they should do it for you. Then you may some idea of what the car has had done, they should fax it over for you also.

Spending that kind of cash on a G60 youre probably not going to get anything brilliant. Ive been to see some going for £3k upwards that i wouldnt even dare be a passenger in... :?

I've been to see three g60s arround the 2k mark, and all of them have been a poor mess, i've relised now that it's very unlikely that your gunna get a good deal with these cars, owners know exsackely what there selling and what it's worth

I went to see two arrround the 3k mark and they where still not in the condition I was hoping, nothing compared to my 16v

It seems like a decent g60 will sell for arround the same amount as a good vr6

Hence now i'm looking for a vr6 instead