Sign in to follow this  
Rob_B

quick heating question

i know everybody gets fed up with this but i just want a quick opinion on the problem before i attempt to fix this one....

heaters produce warm air until the car gets up to temperature and then all goes cold in the cabin. all engine temps are fine it is just the heaters in the car.

most people say its the thermostat but i get the impression from here that it is more likely the crappy metal valves which go up to the heater matrix.

i know replacing the matrix and valves is a big job and i also think replacing the thermostat is a pain i the hoop.

so which problam is it do we all think...?

any input appreciated

cheers Rob

Had same problem with valves, went to b&q got a length of copper pipe and have had heat since last year with no leaks or explosions

mite try the copper pipe trck before i embark on a matrix change!!

and just to be more of a pain in the arse, the alarm fob is playing up aswell! god im glad i dont use this car everyday!!

this morning i by passed the bypass valves and managed to gain alot of heating which was nice!

on the downside my engine decided to start chucking out a truck load of blue smoke meaning some rebulding is in order!!