Sign in to follow this  
CazzaVR

Ebay ECU Chips

Was having a look at ebay and there are quite a few chip upgrades for sale for the 2.0 16v 9A engine. Most seem to offer at least 10 BHP, and they're quite cheap.

I know they're probably highly dodgy, but was wondering if anyone has tried one?

andy m8,forget all those e-bay chips and get yourself over to AmD,at least then the chip will be optimised to your car,i think they charge £200+vat for supply,fit and rolling-road time

if i were you then i would save the pennies and pounds for the AmD chip,as if you buy the chip off e-bay probably at best you might notice maybe smoother running(if they are compatible that is)or at worst fry your ecu :cry:

I'm inclined to agree- there must be a reason for them being so cheap.

Is the CCGB rolling road day at AmD still on? Are you going? Bit of a treck for you, mate!

Still waiting on confirmation from John Munyard who I believe has organised this.

He said he will post to the mailing list when he is ready to start booking places.. dunno when that would be though :(

Is the CCGB rolling road day at AmD still on? Are you going? Bit of a treck for you, mate!

you're right its a bit of a trek......although i'll be going to AmD sometime this year,its going to be in conjunction with my mate as on our way back we'll be picking up his mk3 gti interior that will be getting the 1/2 leather treatment 8) at mj..........so it all depends on my mate and mj sorting something out :?

there should be a scottish region rolling road day on the horizon,though nothing is confirmed yet(as far as i know)which will be a lot easier a trek for me...though its still the guts of 100 miles :roll: