Sign in to follow this  
matth76

Anyone used NS Racing for second hand superchargers?

Hi

Has anyone used NS Racing? Are they a good company to go with... any good or bad stories? They apparently do second hand superchargers so may look them up next year some time.

Cheers for any info.

Matt

I bought a charger off NS Racing a few years back. They seem ok to be honest and have a extensive knowledge and experience of supercharging the vr6. You shouldn't have any problems dealing with them.

I think they do last a long time (up to 100,000 miles). As the vortech uses engine oil, it gets changed everytime the car is serviced. I tend to change my oil about every 5,000 miles. The Z-eng charger had its own oil reservoir rather than using engine oil and should be topped up every 15,000 miles. The oil in the z-charger is fully synthetic and stays very clean so it isn't strictly neccessary to change it but it's probably worth changing once in a while. The charger has to be removed to change the oil although it could probably be extrcted with a syringe with the charger in situe.