Sign in to follow this  
potatonet

SLK32 AMG supercharger INSTALLED PICS!!!!!!!! last page!!!!!

ok so my rebuilding company stated to me that I can not get my charger rebuilt.... =-( because its internally damaged....

so I need a cheap charger or I am going to use these engineering skilz to whip out some mounting plates for a mercedes C230 supercharger or a SLK32 AMG supercharger. I dunno which one I want to put on it yet. cause I dont know what the outcome of each will be. I can use estimation on the AMG charger being that its lysolm so that I can get an approximate boost level but once again I dont know what it will be.

anyone got a website that did a conversion similar to this, I have seen it once and its a site in the UK cant remember the name tho.

many regards to those of you that have design experience in this field if you can help and even if you cant.

Jonathan

PS, how many problems can I have with 1 car I mean REALLY!

Could turbo it, i got a subaru IHI on with standard internals and a de-cat pipe with s/s exhaust and it's making over 210bhp.

yeah but the only thing with turbo's is the lag that I dont want unfortunately. I can get an SLK 320 AMG supercharger for about 200 dollars. its lysolm and I have to do some modifications but it should work.... I dunno

oh and I need to know the stock diameter of the crank pulley OR the # of rpms that the charger spins at with a 65mm pulley @ 6k rpms

did the math and it will put out roughly 19-22 psi @ 6k rpms, ALL THE TIME and you dont have to think about your charger blowing up.... just your rotors and pistons melting... =-) YAY FOR MORE FUEL! oh and being that it has an electromagnetic clutch I can turn it on and off =-), that can be useful when I get pulled over for modifications... =-/ flick a switch and its quiet as a dog.

What make / size is the unit you have there please ? dont the merc's use a eaton M62 the one in the picture does not look like an eaton at all it looks more like a autorotor unit

G-man, this unit is made by IHI in japan when i get it I will give you some more specs sizewise. yes it does indeed look autorotor. all STANDARD mercs with kompressors use M62's. AMG's use lysholm and not eaton. everyone keeps asking me this.

numbers from the casting are:

AMG A1120900080

VG920011 01010322003L.

it is said to put out about 2646 lbs of air per hour, converted over to CFM's its about 560, with the size in pulley difference on a G60 its about 470 cfm's or something like that, I did the conversions neglecting the size of the pulley on the charger (new one) and using approx numbers. once I get the unit I will do the final math and we shall see what we get.

Did the comparison approx with BBM's autorotor unit. displacement still unkown on this charger.

uhhh k... ?

I like the website, but I think my blower is bigger..:roll:

hmmm maybe too big according to that thinger... I dunno which charger it is.... grrrr

bbm is helping me with this one actually =-)

13.5 cubic feet of air = 1 lb of air.

2646 lbs of air X 13.5 cubic feet of air per pound = 35721 cubic feet per hour

35721 cubic feet per hour/60 minutes in an hour = 595.35 CFM's from that charger at ??? rpms, ??? will be figured out once I get the charger.

13.5 cubic feet of air = 1 lb of air.

2646 lbs of air X 13.5 cubic feet of air per pound = 35721 cubic feet per hour

35721/60 minutes in an hour = 595.35 CFM's from that charger at ??? rpms, ??? will be figured out

once I get the charger.

1 liter = 0.0353146667 cubic feet

so its putting out 16858.43 liters per minute @ max RPM's in an AMG REMEMBER THIS.

required by my car for 20.6 PSI = 12053 liters per minute

this charger would put 35 psi in the car, this would be good if I had stand alone and was doing this profesionally.

NOW for the important part.

SLK 32 AMG has a stock crank pulley of about 6.5" mine is about 5.25" This drops output to 13616 liters per minute (25 PSI)

EVEN IF this thing still puts out too much I just change the pulley slightly, dont know why the calculator doesnt

like low supercharger speeds.... G-man?

I really need to find out stock pulley sizes on and AMG and on the charger before I do more calculations.

omg I just did math before I am going to sleep now I will have math nightmares

GOOD LORD 1.3 liters per rev? do u want to die? and what chip do u have cause I will need one =-)

the claculator on that link is very acurate it even recomended the charger i have for my engine and the power we are looking for it to produce. 440cc injectors will be a must and i would recomend a custom remap for the set up once you have it all up and running !

440cc = 42 lb... where should I order these bad boys? how many litres are you running G-man? and who should I get do do the remap being that I am in US and all I can give are specs to my engine?

btw how much power did this give you?

lots of Q's I know but this conversion is new to me, how many miles per tank to you get? my tank is 13 gallons roughly and right now I get 200 miles but I am overfueling.

This conversion is not finished here yet either. we have been lucky in the fact a BBM mount fix's it perfectly on the pulley and and we will fab an additional mount for the back end also due to the weight.

You will need to take this car to a workshop that has mapping gear once its complete have a chat with maybee sSm @ SNS as he might no somone local to you.

g-man can I give you specs on the charger and the rest of my car and you make a generic chip for me, with all my mods taken into account?

anyone local means over 7 hours of driving because LA is where all the real tuners are.

I dont know if you have made the rear mount yet but its easier to make it and bolt it onto the intake housing. basically make a spacer for the intake with the mount built into it. I am making a plate for the holes on the stock bracket and making a plate to mount the charger on.

Can you make me a CAD drawing of the bbm mount that you have? I just need exact spacing for the holes.

Your best bet would talk to somone when the cars nearing completion as alot will proberly change from the planning stage to the finish'd state. You realy need to get the model number for the unit you have and then you could do alot of your maths.

yeah g-man I did the math, 25 psi max really. I need the pulley for the final estimation but thats the general story. I've got one month before its going to be done even though I havent got the charger yet, Im making these mounts adjustable btw....

Ive got 4 full days of my week, for the next 3 weeks, to spend on this project, so I have the time =-) just got to make sure that my machine shop has a CNC machine.

Have you spoken to john @BBm about a mount ..He might allready have somthing to suit your needs

I cant pretend to know anything about superchargers but i was told that the charger from the 'Mini Cooper S' will do. There is a few knocking around aswell because there is an upgrade for the Minis available so alot of people are going down that road and therefore alot of surplus chargers with not many miles on them are knocking about. But please remember i don't know much

I can talk to him some more G-man but the thing is that his charger system doesnt use a 2nd mount as you know, his charger only uses the mount shown in your picture with the 4 bolts on it.

I dont recall him actually mentioning a 2nd mount in his emails though we did discuss how I was going to mount mine, I think Im going to have to call him soon and ask him about another mount.

The thing is he isnt using a 1.3L displacing supercharger like you are AFAIK, which is why he is interested in the mercedes one I am using because its bigger. hes probably interested in yours too I bet which is why hes probably talking to you, of course he could go out and buy an optcon autorotor charger like yours and put it in their track corrado probably without thinking about it that much.

I really need to get the charger and see where I need to mount it so that the pulley will be in the correct position and all that alignment junk, hehe =-). I need measurements really but I am going to be drawing a new intake and mounts on autocad or inventor using the measurements I get from the bracket and other mounting points. the only thing he said is imperative is that the charger not be pulled on or pushed on when being mounted, as in no pressure going on the charger to mount it.

Not_Aircooled_or_Taxfree, here is a mini charger

http://www.superchargersonline.com/imag ... ild150.jpg

now look at the one on the other page, the mini one is probably half the size and 1/3 the output, not to mention its eaton and the MB one and autorotor ones are lysholm. yes it may be easy to fit on the corrado, so is an SLK230 charger.

the ones we are talking about require custom mounting as you may have seen. this is only because they are so heavy and such high out put.

Jonathan