Sign in to follow this  
steveo29

gear shift parts.....are they interchanglbe???

my g60 still has randomly bad shifting...somedays its close to perfect and others its nasty

ive tried ajusting the cables etc, circlip is there, oil is fresh mt90

i figured i might try some 2nd parts on it....do vr6 gearstck and gear selector parts swap/same as g60?? its just ive heard people sa vr6's shift nicer than g60s

well...i do have the weight, oddly i prefer the feel without it

the weight doesnt expalin why its randomly, like i said one minute its fine then next juntion or whatever i cant select first or it get jammed in reverse

i wondered if the selector bit was worn ..no one can tell me if theyre a easy fix

All G60's i've driven are notchy and all VR's are silky smooth... No idea why but there must be a reason... (I have the shift weight on mine but it's different to the VR ones I've seen...)

Hi steve,i'm running a passat TDI 02A box in my 2.0 G60'd corrado,i also fitted a spare VR6 shifter in place of the worn G60 version,my gearbox also has the shifter weight fitted,the gear change is still slightly notchy,not a lot but it's still there...