Sign in to follow this  
calorrado

g60 Advice Please!!!

Hi everyone,

New to this superb forum so still finding my way around it slowly.

I would be really grateful for some advice as I am no expert(mechanically) and due to have some more mods fitted to my 1991 G60.

The original engine and head has now done 75k and decided to have a the mild kent cam fitted, is this a wothwhile addition to the original head or only a real benefit if i spent an extra £450 on a gas flowed/ported head to go with it?

Also I have bought a TSR 4into1 stainless manifold and need to order a new quality stainless system to go with it to replace my rotting aluminised Jetex system, any suggestions.

Lastly i purchased a FSE Power boost valve also to be fitted, has anyone experienced problems with these.

Cheers everyone!

To be honest you wouldnt really benefit much with a cam without a P&P Head or even better a big valve head.....

As for exhaust system give darren (g-man) a shout at G-werks they now make their own exhaust which i have been told are very good! His contact details are on the supplier section in the forum.

You may also want to change you intercooler for a larger golf g60 item, very worthwhile mod!

You may also want to have a chat with him regarding any other questions, he knows his stuff!!

so maybe get a few more miles down first while saving up for a new cylinder head to go with cam then.

yeh its got a rallye intercooler setup, i will update the spec, doh!