Sign in to follow this  
KarlG60

G60 ECU Mapping software.

Hey guys, been on the forum for a while only not really posted much, managed to find so much out using the search button so never really needed to! Though this is where I was wondering if you guys could help.

The current spec of my car is red top injectors, 68mm pully, SNS stage 5 chip, Schrick cam, and a Golf G60 FMIC, I really want to be able to map my car and Chris' (Shilakadaddy) though, does anyone have the software inorder to do this? Had a quick search and only manged to come up with one post and it wasn't really answered at all. Would really appriciate some help and I know this is the place to get it from!

Thanks guys

Karl

Just getting the software isn't really the whole story. The amount of damage you could do whilst replicating the mistakes of those going before you would outweigh the benefits IMO.

Do you think there is more power to be had from your current set up or are you unhappy with the way it runs?

A rolling road print out along with a wideband plot would allow any of the SNS suppliers tailer you a chip.

You may get some joy from Wayne of Chipwizards. I watched him write my chip and it wasn't all plain sailing I assure you.

You really need acess to a rolling road for a quite a while, even if you are not starting from scratch. I would be as easy IMO to go with some form of stand alone ECU which you can get the software for. DTA Haltech etc.

Gavin

when i had my C remapped by West Tuning the chip had a load of corrupt lines of code and stranage numbers within it from people messing about with it. on the rolling road it showed 185bhp. After Ray (west tuning had gone back to basics to a bog standard chip and made a few tweeks the car pushed out 212.bhp. I can say i was well pleased.

We use an Emulator which allows us to change the value of each load point on individuel maps whist on the move. You can attempt to do it with a hex editor, but if you have no idea of where the fueling or ignition maps are or what you are trying to adjust the process will be a little futile.

Dimsport supply race 2000 software for around £3500 if you care to use that brand, hardware will set you back another grand or so.

Winols/Race2000 will let you see the fuel/ignition maps so you can modify them although this isn't as easy as mapping DTA/Haltech etc. If you want to use it to modify your own ecu the program is just too expensive.