Sign in to follow this  
scoob

Headlight upgrade problem.

hi there i have just done the headlight loom upgrade and its amazingly cool, but for some reason when i parked my car my headlights were on even though they weren't switched on. i took the car for a spin and when i parked i switched the lights off and they went off but now they weren't come on, the side lights work but no dipped beam. i have checked the wiring and the fuse all seems okay, any suggestions?? :(

have you unpluged the coil on the o/s of the car. its just behind the headlight under the wing it might be that

i haven't touched anything, basically i came out to take the car for a spin and found the lights on, and i couldn't switched them off but after driving for 10mins i switched the light swith off and the lghts went off but now won't switch on. :(

Has it been raining where you are?

I've had the same problem with mine, found out that the water gets into the relays and causes havoc!

I simply took the casing off of the relays, dried them out (they wre soaking!) and then put them back together with the help of Mr silicone for a bit of water proofing! :wink:

if your loom has relays in them then the relay may be faulty ... new ones are fairly cheap to pick up from maplins

Try swopping over the relays and see what happens,

also water gets into the fuse holders if non waterproof ones are used.

Buy the rubber seal kinda ones,expensive about £4 a pop but no shorting !

Hey guys thanks for the input, as it turned out because of the rain my relay was water logged, so i bought a couple of replacements and covered one with cling film and a balloon. and its fine since. and to answer your question H1oow i bought the loom on ebay from silverfox25.

Thanks gus problem solved, vut now i have a new one to post, pls look out for it. :lol: and a Happy new year to you all!!!