Sign in to follow this  
Critical_Mass

non automatic spoiler

Hi all!

You may have read my post requesting parts. This was due to an accident i had last week. I damaged the front pass corner of car. Its fixable but insurance are saying its too expensive (cos the barstewards wont use second hand parts). But back to the point. After i had the crash the rear spoiler has stopped working, any ideas what it is? Thought a fuse, but how has the crash caused a fuse to blow. Now its stuck up. It was down when i had the crash and i used the manual button to put it up, but down on the button doesnt work. It doesnt go up or down automatically either. Least of my probs at mo but i need to find out why incase it effects anything else.

There are links from the fog & headlights to the spoiler fuse 16 (15amps). The prang may have shorted something in these which blew fuse 16. May be you tested the lights with the spoiler up and the fuse blew at that time.

Otherwise as said, check connections. Spoiler controller, under dash switch, boot connector in the the left area ( white/blue & green/white wires) and connector in the reasr hatch.

Ok checked all the fuse (i know this is late but ive had other things to fix before fixing spoiler), non of the fuse have blown. The thing is, i had the bump, it still worked. Got home to check it properly, raising it with the button and it wont go back down. (stays up hit low speed when driving also).

Where to look next?

ok, i know this thread hasnt been used for a while, but i still need info. This is the update, i pulled the spoiler button out (dont ask why i didnt think to check before) and i made sure the plug was in properly, it looked it but i made sure anyway. The spoiler actually now works manually. I went for a drive and got it to 45mph but the spoiler didnt raise. Any ideas? What could have broken due to the accident?

Cheers guys

UPDATE: took car to coast on sunday, spoiler DOES work, however seems to have a mind of its own. Sometimes it goes up and stays there until i drop to a low speed. OR sometimes, say travelling at 60mph the spoiler goes up and then back down and back up back down etc. It doesnt seem to go up and down at the speeds it should. I was going down the motorway and it stayed down until i hit 80. Other times it will go up at 50 and then back down when i drop below 50. Could this be the sensor that goes into the gearbox?

Your speedo would play up if it was that sensor - more likely to be a problem with the clocks on control unit like a dry joint etc...