Sign in to follow this  
james_88

Car Shudders When Engine Turned Off

As the title says, when i turn off the ignition the whole car shudders, i'm thinking it could be a knackered engine mount? Just started last night after a long drive. It's a G60 by the way.

I also have a ten hour drive to do in a couple of days down to JMR, if an engine mount is knackered would it be a really bad idea to do this drive?

Cheers, James

is it like an over run?

It is liek the car is trying to run on after you turn the ignition off?

Or is it just the engine moves?

To check the engine movement, you could put the handbrake on and get someone to let the clutch out as you watch the engine with the bonnet open

other option is to wobble the engine from the rocker cover if you are a one man band. It should not be a problem driving if it is only on motorways. you dont want to go thrashing . it around though. Avoid engine breaking when on the jurney. I had my engine mount fail on my Polo once. it still drove 50miles to get me to a job interview.!

I will try watching the engine when someone esle gets home, but as you say i'm a one man band for now!

Also when changing up a gear there is a very definite jolt throughout the car, could this mean that the gearbox mount is gone?

I would be able to drive 50 miles no problem, but i'm driving from edinburgh to west sussex (450 miles!)

lol :shock:

sounds like an engine mount. check the bolt in the front mount hasn't made a run for it!