Sign in to follow this  
GazzaG60

where can i get a schrick solid lifter conversion kit please

hi all

im still building this valve. ill update my post soon but xmas has slowed progress a little. pistons are now fitted with rings and ready to fit but i await some HD rod boltd....anyway

I am after sourcing a solid lifter kit for a 16v head. i believe that schrick made one that uses a bucket similar to the hydro one but with a small shim inside

anybody know of a source and at a mega bonus the cost and telephone number

cheers all

Gaz

cheers mate.

now the festivities are out of the way ill pop down n see you soon. ill gove you a call later

still thinking about this one as i will need to put extra money into the bottom end if i go for a 9krpm limit.

Darren- any more on the above if you do please.

also anybody done this already and if so what cams do you use. im expecting to have to dial out some overlap for FI but would like opinions on solid v hydro and cam choices for solids.

You can buy inserts of Schrick that will let you modify the hydro lifters into solids. You can also use Alfa stuff (shim under bucket) or just buy longer valves with lightweight buckets and do it right straight away.

cheers

hows about the valve mods that you talked of and the lightweight buckets. i know a few grams can make all the difference.