Sign in to follow this  
task

poor grounds really drag a G60 back.

i am really struggling with the loom in my engine bay,every other day there is a new problem and I'have had enough, it is beyond repair anymore. mine is a 1990 g60 I have a loom out of a 1991 that's been sittng in my garage for over a year now,I 've tried to install it a couple of time's before with no luck, it has different pins than the 1990 loom, how can I install that damn 91 loom and make it actually work? :roll:

task, My loom isn't too good either, I'd be very interested in how you end up doing this.

When you say poor groundsgrag a G60 back, what do you mean? It's just that I've had a few ground break off recently.

Chris

what do you mean?

poor performance ,,bad idiling,,, you name it.. lots of my recent problems with my car were caused by ground breakoffs in my loom , I think from being exposed to heat and oil/grease over the years made them dry and easily breakable.

I'd be very interested in how you end up doing this

last time I tried to install the loom, the car did not fire up at all, i was following the benetely book and found out that the pins differ from the 1991 model to mine. :| i will check to see which pins are different but I was hoping someone here has done this before.

I, too, have noticed some indiscrepancies between my loom and the bentley manual wiring diagrams, even though I have a 1990 US-G60. Some parts of the 1991/1992 diagrams apply to mine (e.g. Lambdasensor connections, differences in colour coding of the wires to the ISV, to name 2 examples). The loom has never been changed in mine, so it can't be that.

Just for your information, i.e. don't too rigidly stick to the Bentley as far as the wiring diagrams are concerned ;-)

Tempest