Sign in to follow this  
catch_twotwo

Alpine Aux port

Ok finally got my GPS cradle working and the only thing I have an issue with is when I'm pumping out the tunes, I can't hear the thing. Even at full whack the IPAQ and cradle speaker fail to even get my attention...

So like a true Audiophile, instead of just turning the music down I want to play.

So does anybody know how (or even if) you can get the Alpine to play a CD at the same time as accepting an input from it's AUX port....

If all else fails, does anybody know a good Alpine forum :?:

Connect the orange lead to what ?

Sorry, not exactly a headunit wizard... had to pay to get the system installed.

I was thinking to either run a new cable to the amp in the boot specially for the SatNav or putting a plitter on the one for the headunit (it only runs off 1 output) and put both on this. Probably better to do the first option, though the orange cable sounds good as well ;)

the orange leads in the back neeed to be connected in some cars when you are running an aux,,, had this prob on mine once when i re wired it and the orange lead was connected so the headunit sound only used to come on when the lights were on (weird, i know) if u had your headunit installed maybe worth taking it back there for them to check it out

Well the aux works fine.... but I want the aux input and the CD/tuner to work at the same time. So it's not really a problem with the Aux as such.... Plus the guy that installed mine was a bit or a moron so I'd rather do the work myself this time ;)

Thanks for the hint though... I should get a wiring diagram I think....

looks like the pink/black cable is called "audio interrupt in" which is used for the phone to mute things when a call comes in. Perhaps this would be of use if I can get the sat nav to input on this cable.....

Is this another way to input or just a signal cable :?:

ohh right i get ya,, sorry,,, can u not go into the setup i think u hold down the func botton for 10 secs and try from there,,, so many fuctions and options with the alpine maybe worthwhile having a read through the manual... mines about as big as the yellow pages

I was even desperate enough to try the manual myself.... and that's bad ;)

Nothing I can see about this though. Maybe I'll just run a new RCA to the amp input as it's got spares and all the speakers run from this.