Sign in to follow this  
steveo29

any CLIFFORD peeps in?? need help urgent ish

okay ive decided to move my G4 c 600's dual zone proxy sensor to the roof, ive gutted half the car and ready to move it

i cut the wire expecting there to be just a black/brown/red..but theres a bare braid running along inside and then the whole lot is wraped in foil the the normal outer covering

what do i do to extend it??

so out of intrest,why did they leave it bare? u recon that one you suggest is as thin as that?? i got run it into the roof

A cat 5 cable is what they use for networking computers. That one is extra flexible I think. Need to buy something that is made from stranded wire not solid.

Gavin

yeah id thought of that the instant i saw it :) a peice of phone cable maybe, the only thing stoping me is i cant imagine it being very neat

ive also got a reply on another site, that some guys had his done and only extended the 3 wires...i cant imagine theres much interferane anyway can you?? its all turned off when armed

spose i'll have to eat 20x kitkats to get the silver foil now :(

that bare cable is an earth cable. that is just screened flexible cable, nothing special. you will probably be able to get that from any large electrical wholesaler or RS or maplins like some other suggestions.

All the above wires can be extended using standard multicore wire.

As said the bare wire is just a shield, and is in place to reduce interference to the signal carrying cores.

Hope that helps...