Sign in to follow this  
jonny-5

Braided hoses fitting question

I just got a set of these, but the ones for the front have long male connectors on and as far as i can see they're suppossed to be female as the flexi hose joins a small section of solid brake hose before it goes to the caliper. They are the right ones for my car (1991 16v) but i can't see how they're supposed to go on.

Am i being stupid or is something a miss??

I got them from C and R, they say corrado 90-92 on the bottom of the packet. The other end has the right connector on it, as if they screwed directly into the calipers - but that can be right, can it?

Do they have the same connectors on each end? - They should do the the early calipers you are describing... (at least the early G60 ones are like this)

They should be double female for the front. As they connect to a rigid on the caliper and also back to the MC. The axle ones should be fairly short and double female. The rear caliper ones should be a male and a female IIRC.

Something sounds wrong.

Gavin

My 92 16v uses a male end that screws directly into the caliper and a female end that screws into the solid line that goes to the ABS pump.

I just phoned up the C and R boys and they said that ^ ! Just looked like it wouldn't clear the wheel very well that's all, it's all sorted now cheers everyone anyway