Sign in to follow this  
Andy91

Hia & Apoligies

Hi

just joined forum (kinda) so a big hia to ppl reading this!

I say kinda because i joined the forum several months ago but forgot about it (sorry :oops: ), i came to register the other day and it said i allready was..which was confusing! It said to contact admin, but i couldnt because i couldnt sign in to get Email address's lol, i coulnt get private Emails from the members listings because they wanted an account.... anyways

So im kind of asking if admin can restore my other account PLEEEEEEEEASE!!! its Andy90, ive been with e1K (mostly reading) for a while and just wanting to read other places too, because i use the account that that is attached too...

anywayz hia and thnx Andy90

Andy,

Unfortunately I am only a Moderator - and the only Administrator of the site is currently on holiday! He would be the only person who could reset your password.

Have you not found the option on the sign in page that says something like 'Lost Password? or Forgotten Password?' - as long as you used a valid email address when you signed up, you can get the forum to send you a new password to sign in with.

Hia

I can remember the password, but the account is frozen because i was inactive so dont think a new pw will help :/

I will use this account if i have to its just more passwords/usernames to remember :?

btw, im going to post this in 'wanted' section but hopefully in around a month i will have around 2k to get a car with, im 21, male, 0 ncd, 2 years of licence and should be doing pass plus beforehand so any advice, URL's, recomendations?

As the vr6 and G60 are way out of my budget...16v or GTi ? or both :twisted: Im expecting to pay over 1000 for the insurance so dont worry about that.

Thnx

Insurance will hurt you pretty bad though might get a little more sensible depending on where you live.

Don't even think about getting a G60 or a VR6 - insurance is a no go.

Even the 16v is gonna make you bleed.. expect to be paying WELL over £1000.. it'd be an advantage for you to get a cheaper / earlier 16v and insure it TPF&T - then upgrade to fully comp a year or two later as it gets a bit cheaper on the insurance.

TBH i was never expecting to be fully comp, tpft was the plan. Dont worry, i know a little about VW's and i know supercharged and VR6 are out of my league.

How do you mean an earlier 16v ? an earlier model ? what age are you thinking plz, any URL's i can read up on ?

Thx - Andy

Well there are two versions of the 16v... by earlier I refer to the 16v's produced from between 1988/9 and 1992, which were 1.8 litre 16v's.

Then from 1992 onwards they stopped the 1.8 and started making a 2.0 16v which was also given a slight facelift such as an updated interior and a handful of minor exterior tweaks.

I don't know any sites off the top of my head, but if you hunt on Google for some information using keywords like "Corrado Versions" or something like that, I am sure you'll find something :)