Sign in to follow this  
davecash

Going to Stealth

I'm booked in at Stealth for next Saturday to have my KR cam put in and have it rolling roaded. Is there anything extra I should take with me or ask them to do? I've heard there is some kind of warm up regulator mod that can be done on the mk2 golfs?

i take it yours it a 1.8?? i`d be interested to get before and after RR`s on cam and WUR

i think WUR mod is about £50, seems good bang for buck

might aswell have a service whilst your there, fuel filter etc...

ben

You can do the WUR mod on 16v corrado's aswell, good for a few extra bhp I believe.

Have you got a quote for the work? When I have the time I wouldn't mind taking mine up there for the same thing.

its a 2.0 16v. I've just done a mini service including fuel filter change so that's all covered. It was RR by Scarlett not so long back (I think it's on the Stealth DVD) and came out at 141bhp i think. So I'm aiming for over the 150 with the cam and K&N panel filter that I've added.

If its going on the rollers, make sure the tracking / wheel balancing etc is all ok seeing as you've changed wheels since Scarlett had it.

If the track, etc is out it can cause problems on the rollers!

davecash, ah you`ve got her car, was there mate!

think you`ll be fine with just a tune and look over after your cam and WUR

ben

would be interested in this to, I have got an KR cam to put in mine just not got the time to bother my mate to do it for me!

its a 2.0 16v. I've just done a mini service including fuel filter change so that's all covered. It was RR by Scarlett not so long back (I think it's on the Stealth DVD) and came out at 141bhp i think. So I'm aiming for over the 150 with the cam and K&N panel filter that I've added.

no WUR on a 2.0 16v, the fuel control pressure is controlled by the ECU, it's possible to chip the 2.0 fuelling and timing maps but not sure if Stealth do it, would be more precise than tweaking the WUR on a 1.8 but much more expensive and in practice won't gain you much more than a couple of hp anyway.

A thorough check over your plugs, leads, dizzy cap and rotor arm would be an idea, together with coolant and oil level checks, simple things like this including checking your tyre pressures and wheel alignment saves them time and you money.

David.