Sign in to follow this  
junkie

Most embarrasing race lost

I used to race off the lights all the time when I was younger but now I can't be bothered and I hate and 1st and 2nd gears in old VWs too :-) .

Thats what put's me off - can't bear the thought of a second gear crunch & cable conundrum capers. However once i am in second or third - its a different ball game then - bye bye baby bye bye!! :)

i know who you are talking about ihig60, he use to have a stupidly quick stripped mk3 gsi astra. wonder if he has put the engine out of that in the corsa. oh yeah it was running throttle bodies and alot of other tricks. my mate use to have a mk3 gsi turbo around the 300bhp mark and he beat him but not by alot.

grow up guys just let the little pr*cks get on with it, I've overtaken some blokes in the past just to prove a point & nearly sh*t myself when i've nearly wrecked the car. Like a gunslinger there's always somebody faster than you, or more determined to race & win. I know sometimes you can't stop yourselves but most of the time it's best just to chill & enjoy driving/riding in a great car & let the pl*nkers try to kill themselves racing somebody else.

if it's safe maybe go for it if in doubt don't. :infinity:

Forget Corsas and the likes. Its much more fun having races with 911's and M3's. Usually they will be quicker (unless its a crap driver) but 9 times out of 10, when you eventually do both stop, the driver of the other car will be in awe that you kept up so close and gave them such a close run. This has happened to me twice with a Porker, and a newer one at that. The driver opened his window and said "what on earth have you got under the bonnet? I expected to annihilate you!" thats a much better feeling than burning off much obviously slower cars.

i know who you are talking about ihig60, he use to have a stupidly quick stripped mk3 gsi astra. wonder if he has put the engine out of that in the corsa. oh yeah it was running throttle bodies and alot of other tricks. my mate use to have a mk3 gsi turbo around the 300bhp mark and he beat him but not by alot.

Well that is what i thought because i could just beat him. Saw him again other night and intercooler out front so gotta be 2l turbo.

Got to say not really into traffic light grand prix either more dual carriageway and back lane blasts. Due to crap 1st and 2nd.

Had a blast on a dual carriageway with a FQ-340 the driver was been clever, thinking he would easily do me. He wouldnt put his foot down and indicated for me to overtake him so i pulled out got at the side he then thought he was clever and floored it, how gutted he must have been in his 30k car that i started to pull away in our straight line drag. My work was done lol.

Due to crap 1st and 2nd.

Wouldn't have anything to do with a (slight) loss of traction when the turbo spins up would it??? :D

Due to crap 1st and 2nd.

Wouldn't have anything to do with a (slight) loss of traction when the turbo spins up would it??? :D

Partly but mainly really needing new front tyres.

G60 1st and 2nd are way too short for my liking and 2nd to 3rd too big a gap as revs drop off just a bit too much. Thats why every one puts VR6 1st and 2nd. Had a Golf VR6 behind me one time and he was sat right on my bumper until i got into 3rd then it was goodbye.