Sign in to follow this  
Bobby

idle increasing itself

had problems with the idle on my 1.8 16v corrado since i bought it, it seems to idle at around 800rpm when cold and then rises to just above 1000rpm as the car warms up. Have checked the timing and done the idle set up procedure. I have noticed that the revs go up slighty 100-200rpm when i press the brake pedal on idle, could this be a faulty servo or master cylinder ,brakes seems ok though any suggestions would be great :D

oh yeah my fuel pump seems loud too will be changing both next week hopefully

it may very well just be an air leek in the line from the metering head to the throtle bosy, i would start the car and then carefully apply pressure with your hand to the air line and see if the engine changes rev speed

this is going to sound stupid but i found my idle speed was changing at times like stopping at traffic lights for example because the accelerater pedal wasn't coming all the way back up due to a sticky return. pulling it up with my toe put it back to normal idle. It seems ok now but im going to keep an eye on it.