Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Big brake conversion

I know the G60 has some fairly big brakes anyway, but if i wanted to upgrade them, what are my options? Money is a facor, but please let me hear all the options.

Ive done a search, and could only find info on: G60 brakes onto Golfs and valvers, and VR6 brake upgrades. Am i using the search wrong?

Been discussed many times but the best is the Seat Ibiza Cupra R Brembo Brake conversion.

I have them on mine 305mm disks, 4 Pot Brembo Calipers, you also use the caliper carrier and bolts from the seat, but you have to cut them down by an inch. Then you need a set of brake hoses from Badger 5 for £50.

I think the setup from Seat has gone skyrocketing up in price since they realised people were doing this. Was about £500 but I think its more like £800 now!!!!!

Also when doing this you need to consider the size of the calipers as they are HUGE in comparison so not all wheels will fit over them. Need to be at least 16" but then you need to also take into consideration the spoke size as I had to buy new wheels to fit the brakes moving to porsche rims!

They are a bit expensive for secondhand brakes :?

I got a complete new set with custom bolts etc delivered from Germany for less that the price that bidding is currently at on those!!

I'll try to dig out the name of the place I got mine from......but keep an eye out on German Ebay, you would prob get a better deal there!

Theres a set of leon cupra bremobo callipers on there at the moment, im not sure how they differ from the ibiza ines tho. last time i checked they were up to about a tenner. They have got about 5 days left to run on them tho. Not sure how to post a link up but i just typed in brembo brakes.

Leons...have 325mm disks compared to the Ibizas 305mm afaik!

Baz2004, I still have the standard master cylinder on mine. Had to adjust the bias between the front and rear brakes though.

Not sure if it's quite right still.....I almost did a "stoppie" when I was forced to slam on the brakes the other day!! :shock:

leons are 5 stud IIRC hence the 4 stud Ibiza are fav for G60/Valver owners.

Think some of the VR boys have been looking at the 312mm TT setup.

Does any one have the dims for the size caliper used on the seats..Need to know the measurement between the fixing holes....?

Swear i saw a picture showing all the dims but can't find it anywhere using the search...:s