Sign in to follow this  
Ronan

My misfire has gone!

Dunno how many of you knew I had a misfire, and that generally I thought the engine was on its way out - the previous owner had cracked a piston a while back, and I thought the rings were going.

Well, turns out that after replacing the dizzy cap, rotor arm and the coil, the misfire has been fixed! It was the coil in the end - so sometimes it IS the 30 quid (or in my case used - and free!) part that's the problem!

I'm really happy I got it fixed finally, and happy that I don't have to worry about the engine going pop sometime soon - and without the misfire (it was only at high revs - so obviouslly when it wanted to draw more charge from the coil) it absolutely flies, especially through 3rd and fourth, where it used to struggle to pull through the gears. I'm loving it even more now.

Thanks in part have to go to PhatVR6 for suggesting I tried replacing the coil - it was on my mind already but it was his comment that made me do it....

Can I have some Champagne now please?

not often that happens , you deserved a break though , i know you were a little more than gutted when it all went pear shaped

nice one !

Nice one mate, always good to have some goodluck on your side!!! Just glad it was not a £££££££ job!!!!

Nice to know people are looking after these cars!!