Sign in to follow this  
sampayne

1.8 16v ECU

Ok here goes , I have a 1.8 that’s been bored out to 2.0 and when I got the engine I also got a ‘modified’ ECU which I lost so never fitted, but I found it yesterday :) .

Im sure I read somewhere that its not possible to modify the ECU on the 1.8s…..

Is it possible to modify the ECU on a 1.8 16v???

And is it possible to run a bored out 1.8 with a 2.016v ecu ,or are they the same ECU anyway????

The rev limiter is the only thing you can modify on the 1.8 ecu.You can run an early golf 16v ecu which advances the timing slightly more at about 6k (this is what i have)

if you hold down your mfa button and switch your ignition on and then off then start,your mfa readouts will change,one of which shows your upper and lower rev limit settings,along with manifold pressure redout,digital rev counter and momentary fuel consumption,theres other bits too!

only works on the 1.8 though

if you hold down your mfa button and switch your ignition on and then off then start,your mfa readouts will change,one of which shows your upper and lower rev limit settings,along with manifold pressure redout,digital rev counter and momentary fuel consumption,theres other bits too!

only works on the 1.8 though

I think the 1.8 16v is the only one that doesn't work on???