Sign in to follow this  
Bobert healetty

need some G-charger advice

im new to corrados...and apparently the supercharger that i got for my g60 was rebuilt(well i got wenzled) i had it installed at a shop and now there is lots of smoke pouring out of the exhuast kinda like the supercharger isnt sealing the oil and its leaking past the seals and going into the intake then being burnt and out the exhuast it goes....i know the supercharger is is messed up .. because the car was running perfectly fine while the supercharger was bypassed although slow it still ran good...now my question is ...when this supercharger was installed and started pouring smoke out the exhuast could it have damaged the engine?...what damage could it cause if any...and should i attempt to rebuild the supercharger? or should i go another route?...i have $1,000(usd) available to me to do with the supercharger as i please?...i dont know if i can get a new one for that much or if i can rebuild this one?...or if there are other superchargers i can purchase etc ...like i said im new to the corrado.. but i do know about cars in general(mostly bimmers) i will be doing all the work myself whichever route i go...but im wondering whats the best thing to do supercharger wise for 1k

get a second hand one and rebuild it ..that should be around a 1k$ or even less.. I think the charger is supposed to let some oil pass to the intake mainly oil vapor from the breather but not much..take out the boost tube that comes out from the charger to the intercooler if it is drenched in oil then it's time for a new charger . or you can take the charger out and open it and see how bad the seals are and if it can be rebuild . try to contact g-man here on the forum he can be more helpful.. :)

Take it you're in the USA then if you're talking $$$'s rather than £££'s :)

Get it sent off to Kompressor Kanada for a rebuild!

http://www.kompressorkanada.ca

They have a great reputation over that side of the world :) $1000 will get you a full on stage 4 rebuild. Or you just want a stage1, you can save the extra cash and put it towards a new exhaust system or something like that :)