Sign in to follow this  
james_88

Oil Temperatures With Oil Cooler Fitted

Hi there, i've recently had a mocal oil cooler fitted to my car as the oil temperatures were a little too high for my liking (122 degrees when cruising at 70mph) however the temperatures are still not as low as i expected, now when i cruise at 70mph it reads 116 degrees. i read in another thread that people find it seldom rises above 104 degrees with an oil cooler fitted?

Anyway my question is do you think this is ok with the oil cooler fitted? Is there an oil temperature sensor that could be faulty and reading a little high? Or could the oil cooler be blocked at all?

P.S. I just had a new oil pressure switch installed and the oil was pressure tested too, no problem with oil pressure.

That seem slightly his espically with the current ambient tempretures we are seeing. where is it mounted ? Is the cooler in direct air flow ?

I noticed the same thing when i retro-fitted the oil cooler of a Saab Aero 2.3 turbo,the cooler is positioned right in front of the bumper's lower vents,on the front cross member,the temp still reads 108/112 degrees 100 on motorway criuse,i sometimes wonder if Vw senders are all that accurate..

From what i can see it looks like the oil cooler is in the airflow's direct path, it is mounted on the front crossmember i think. i'm not mega worried about it but if others are seeing 104 degrees then i'm just wondering what's causing so much of a temperature difference?!