Sign in to follow this  
RADO.001

Newbie, tring to buy a rado?

theres another vr6 on the autotrader that caught my eye, it the one bein sold by 'boyz toyz'. its alot closer to me, what do you guys think?

theres a few on autotrader search

id go for the £2900 one as long as all is well as it has full v.a.g service history

or theres one for £4400 but with only 79k on clock

Like a lot of the guys are saying, it's pretty hefty money for that car, and you've got to consider the fact that you might need to spend money on it pretty quickly, if you throw all your £5k into the car and something falls off, you'll be pretty rooted. I bought a decent well looked after 16v 18 months ago for £1500, the first 6 months cost me the best part of £2500 on parts and repairs!!!! The right car will turn up for you sooner or later.

Have you tried HPI checking the VR6?

I think £5000 for the car missing most of its history is dubious to be quite honest. I'm still not quite sure how you lose your cars history! Definately give a call to VW and see what they have on it..

Just did the quick / free RAC check and rather unusually (have never seen this before) it says of the colour 'NOT STATED' - anyone ever seen that before?

cheers for your help guys, i rang the bloke and told him that without the service history i cant aford to make a 100mile trip to see hte car.

guse ill just have to keep lookin, its just so disheartening not being able to find one in 8months? especially when everyone just keeps on at me to buy a lardy mark4 golf!