Sign in to follow this  
Dub_nut_g60

Quick Question re: uprated headlight loom

dont worry, not another 'where do i get one' thread!!

Thought id give making one a go as per the knowledge base, but wanted to ask a couple of questions before doing it!

The knowledge base says to use 1 relay (the looms made by majik[\b] use two) and jus wanted to know what difference it makes.

to make sure i understand the instrcutions (if it turns out i dont i wont be attempting and will wait for majik[\b]!) the process is:

cut positive feed to passenger side headlight

connect loom to relay

connect realy to passenger headlight

cut positive ro driver headlight

conect relay to driver headlight

conect realy to battery

BUT the instrcutions say to tape the cut wire on the passenger side back into the loom not connect it to anywhere, this is right yeah?

also, where would be the best place to get the parts required and does anyone know roughly how much i will need of each? is the 'light duty' cable necessary or could i just use more 20amp cable?

i know your all probabaly worried that im completely incompetent and shouldnt be doing this myself! but honestly im not, i just would rather ask the stupid questions before i start!

i uprated mine last week end

the only problem i had was that i could only get the o/s side light working at first

but as soon as i put the spare grey wire into the loom they worked

Don't know if this will clear anything up for you, but it's what i used, i just repeated it for the main beam lights.

As for cable i just 'liberated' some from work, but it's the same thinkness as decent speaker cable.

Cheers, just been PM's that picture, mighty useful!

i assume majiks uses 2 relays so it does the main beam too, may well do it while im at it!

ive just popped to halfrauds (yes i know..) and they have either 17amp or 27amp cable. the 17amp says its ok for high performance headlights, and the 27amp suggest use for battery charging, id assume the 17 would be ok, and if i do it so the uprated bit isnt permanant (use spade connectors as majik does) should it fail i can just unplug it.

oh and the 'light duty cable' would 8amp be ok or should i stick with something a bity less 'light duty'?

Now where to get the relay??