Sign in to follow this  
LadyLupin-Black

Cenral locking problems and query on windows

I have a G60 on a K plate and recently the central locking has started behaving very strangely.

When the drivers door is unlocked with the key it opens everything, but once I remove the key it relocks the passenger door and boot. Occasionally it will also relock the drivers door and sometimes the lock itself jams and the drivers door cannot be shut without a lot of key twisting to unstick the lock.

I haven't changed the locks or made any alterations.

My query on the windows is that they close once the ignition is switched off. This is a real pain during the summer! Is this standard with the G60 or something else that needs sorting out?

I've searched the problems already posted, but don't see any the same as mine, so I hope someone can help!

Are you saying the windows roll up when you turn the ign off? That's not normal.

It sounds like the drivers handle may be worn out/dieing/dead. There is a switch in it that triggers the CL. If the return springs get weak, I have seen locks that only need breathing on to make them operate.

Have you got an alarm fitted, even one that you don't use?

Gavin

Thanks for replying Gavin.

Yes the windows roll up as soon as the ignition is switched off. I did wonder whether that was right as I have seen from other posts that they should roll up when the doors are locked. The sunroof does not automatically close at all.

There does seem to be an old alarm on it, but it has not been in use since I have owned it.

Something not quite right with that then. Not sure if the roof on your year C should be part of the total closure. The early C is definately not. The face lift interior cars do I thnk.

I suspect there is something, possibly in the disused alarm that is shutting the windows via the window controller in the drivers side rear panel.

Can't say much more without having the car in front of me.

Gavin