Sign in to follow this  
catch_twotwo

Replacing Tacho

Ok so as part of my move to Germany I'm looking to get a new tacho to go in my 1990 G60..

The one I have right now is the dual digital version (MFA & Mileage), speedo goes to 140mph (but is 10% fast), revs go to 7000...

So the question is, can I install a speedo that reads to 8000rpm and 240/260kmph or is it going to be out of sync with my car :?:

I'm not sure exactly how the speedo works and if the speedo unit does the calculations...

i would just wait until you get to germany then buy some german g60 clocks for peanuts and do the whole sawp in under 30mins

Yeah the plan was to do it in Germany...... but I've been keeping a look on ebay.at/de for a few weeks and nothing that comes up is *exactly* right. Some are out on the speedo, others on the fuel and revs. Just seeing how flexible I can be really. Idealy I want a perfect match, but this is a Rado, and perfect sometimes doesn't happen....

Plus having a speedo that goes to more than the standard might be helpful on those Autobahn's ;)

hehe, I think mine shows +10 kph of what I am driving. It is graded up to 280kph instead of the standard 260, so I guess the numbers are squeezed together.

Anybody else done this and got it to be accurate... no point in the speedo saying 260kph and only really going to 240 after all :?:

I was after something like THIS really.....