Sign in to follow this  
g60griff

288 brakes on a g60

ive done a search, just couldnt find anything. i just want to know if it can be done. am i right in thinking that the calipers will just bolt straight on its just a case of the discs, which ones do ya use?

i thought that vr's and g60's share the same calliper and carriers (when 280mm) and that it was just the disc that was different

you could be correct but there is definatly some kind of differance hence the part number differance... i would guess the chassis number denotes narrow track-wide track change over...Im Not 100% just thinkng out loud so could be completly wrong. Im sure there is a way to get them fitted though even if its not directly bolt on.

As I'm soon about to put some 288s on the VR (and put the VR 280s on the 16V) I can tell you that the VR and G60 share common carriers and calipers (280). But the 288 carriers and calipers are different both in overall size and offset to the 280s, plus the way the caliper mounts on the carrier is quite different so you need to change them as a set. But the 288 carriers bolt straight on to the hub as those mounting points are identical.

HTH

The problem is finding 288 disks in 4 stud to fit the G60. Did hear that some Seat model had them but never found out which model it was.

My mate used vr6 callipers on his mk2 20vt golf with g60 discs altough i coudn't say if they were from the 288 or 280 setup.