Sign in to follow this  
hodgkinsons

Active Rear Spoiler

I know this is harping on about a problem that has been covered before many times but I have just discovered through the search that my car has suffered from this for a while and the previous owner had no joy in fixing it despite his attempts see below:

A) no stereo in the car, so its not the blue/white wire

B) I have metered out the wires, so pretty sure there are no broken 1's

C) Fitted a new speed sensor on the gearbox

D) Bought a 2nd hand spoiler controller from someone on the forum

E) Fuses are all ok

He has also changed the clocks twice in an attempt to sort this out much to my shock as I read his previous thread.

Does anybody have any other ideas to try, it works on the button but that's it. I'd really like to get it working. Is it worth looking behind the trim in the rear hatch to see if there's any problems?

:roll: :roll:

Have you definetly checked BOTH the fuses?

As you have changed the contol box i'd be looking at the wiring to the box especially the speed sensor signal...

I'll recheck them, car has flat battery in the garage at the mo so need to sort that out too.

Looks like the blue/white wire for volume control behind stereo has been removed completely does this matter?

Cheers for help.

Can you telll me where this wire runs from and to, I can see if it has been cut off further back, would like to avoid taking out the stereo again as the dash is getting a bit fragile around there.

Thanks again for info.

Next time you fill it with fuel - accelerate up to 45mph+ as soon as you can after and see if it rises! May sound mad - but my old valver's spoiler never worked off the speedo only the button but for some crazy reason - would raise as the fuel level was being read.

That's sounds very strange! but I'll give it a go, curently on SORN over winter so will have to wait don't think the garage is quite big enough for that. Must be some wiring\ earth issue surely that one.

Well this is a long time since but not bothered too much about it since, feel like it's time for another go!

Tried the above and no change, I'm looking for this illusive blue white wire behind the dash but can't see it, does anyone know where it origninates from? is it the fuse box or the back of the controller?

cheers

Cheers for the info, I keep getting enthusiasm to fix these little things, problem I've got is I know the previous owner has had a little play.