Sign in to follow this  
biggrim

Locked out!!!

This has happened a few times before (even before I got my Clifford fitted).

Pressed the button to unlock my car and the drivers door didn't unlock. The door pin came up then fell back down... no access! Usually if this happens I leave the var for 5-10 minutes and trya again and it works but last night I tried something different. I disarmed the alarm and put it on valet mode, locked it again so the alarm was not activated and tried to unlock it with my key. First time it opened for me!!!!! Now as I was unlocking the door with the key, the rest of the doors unlocked with the key almost fully turned but the drivers door remained locked. Once the key was turned as far as it could go there was a click and the door pin popped up and the door was unlocked. Any suggestions? Do I need to remove the handle and grease up the locking mech or is it the pump on that side that has gone? Help please 'cause I don't want to put Passat rear handles on it if this is going to happen. Thanks in advance 8)

check the plastic connector between the door latch and the rods. it should have the end bit on the outside of the door skin between the door and the latch mechanism to allow it to swivel to unlock and lock.