Sign in to follow this  
2_Door_fun

Can anybody tell me what this is???

This item is fitted into my IC pipe just after the S charger?? I have no idea what it is and have not seen it on any of yr engine bays... To all intents it looks like some kind of dump valve?? Not htat you need one on a Supercharged system???

It seems to vent pressure as there is a spray of goo n stuff on the boost pipe. It takes along time for any spray to build up. So hopefully all is healthy with that bit??

I have a set of blue silicones to go on but I really don't want to go slicing em in half if I can help it.

As a note my 60 is fitted with a 10lb NOZ bottle and a 100 shot injector at the plenum..

could it not be a recircutating pressure valve ( i think thats what you call them ) its the same sort of thing as a dunp valve but for super chargers its just a guess though

Yeah thats whats weird it does look like a closed loop valve!!!! But why is it there. It had an adjustable screw at the top???

Why would you fit a DV to a supercharger??

oh weel wait n see what others come up with.

is there a vacuum feed to actually operate it?

cant see one in the pic, so i would assume it aint doing anything other than plugging a hole, the pipe behind it is where your excess boost goes - back into you charger.

Just throw it in the bin.. Fit your new pipes and forget about that mess.

Good o. Thats what I wanted to hear. There is no vac line to operate it so it just looks a waste of time. God knows what it is supposed to be or do.

I'll pull it n fit the new blues.

Cheers