Sign in to follow this  
AlexDUB

HI, guys!!!!!

Hi, rado-freaks, this is the first post of mine on this forum and i find it very helpful and full of interesting things.

I just bought an '92 VR6 AAA 2.8 bored to 2.9...(says the ex-owner) and it has some probs:

1) IN aprox 15 min after starting the car, a "click" is heard from the engine bay and when i'm releasing the clutch, a "hrrrr" sound appears. I suspect the compressor clutch... and so on... it dissapears...it appears again... I mention that the heat is on at the windshield pos.

2) (...that's a heavy one) Starting in 1'st gear, revving up till 6000 or so, shifting 2'nd, and the engine seems to shut down and rev again very quickly. It's almost like it would rip the mountings off. The rpm-meter is 0-5000 suddenly and the lights of the instr cluster are blinking fast, in accordance to the rpm-meter. If i drive it normally, it runs great. This happens only when i kick down.

PLS help!

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english..

Oh, and i'm interested if someone could tell me the differences from an '92 european vr6 and an US '92 VR6.

:salute:

AlexDUB, Welcome to the forum!!

Oh, and i'm interested if someone could tell me the differences from an '92 european vr6 and an US '92 VR6.

The main difference is the US is 2.8 and the Euro is 2.9, the US also has a couple of extra sensors for the stricter emissions controls