Sign in to follow this  
2_Door_fun

remove supercharger ?? Now out with pics???

well I followed the idea'a at matey matey and removed all the Allen bolts, oil lines and stuff. How do you pull the charger clear of the rear bracket???

You remove the 6 allen bolts, then the oil feeds. There is also one 13mm bolt and the pulley to remove and it will just lift out. Any problems Give us a call and we can talk you through it.

Waheeeey speak of the devil. You will no doubt be my next port of call for a service...

The only thing I have not removed is the pulley. Which I may add is weird looking (will take a picture in the morning and post it). Charger was last serviced at Jabba to a stage 4 in 2003 I think. Got the receipt n certificate with tons of other service history when I got the car.

I removed the 4 Allens from the front plus 2 at the rear. All lines off plus the lower support bracket.

I was going to open the case to see what is inside ie if its in 1 piece or rather the piece's it should be in!!! :lol:

Gearbox is also out and going for a re-build tomorrow. The neighbours think a nutter has moved in :p

have you removed the 13mm bolt that is just below the 2 allen bolts on the right hand side. It hold the steel strut in place.

Yep. I dropped the black tubular support arm. The charger seems to move within the limits of its cradle but it does not seem to want to pop free?

It moves about so nothing is holding it in place. It does not seem to want to slip past the alloy bush's that are present on the rear bracket , where the two allen bolts were...?

Well the charger is out. After a battle with the pulley wheel!!!

My pulley is WEIRD. It does not look like any of yours? Well from what i have seen anyway. Its full of weld bead!!!!!

Anyway it was the pulley rear guard that was being difficult. Evrntually it popped with some gentle umphhh.

How big is a standard pulley ie. factory. My pulley measures 86mm across?? What is weird this pulley has been welded over a small pulley?? You can actually see the belt grooves underneath the oversize wheel?

See the pics for an idea.

When removing the charger my silencer box had a pool of oil?? Sign of a needed re-build? It was pulling about 6-8psi With knackered boost pipes and this big pulley. I have not split the charger case yet. Will wait for a litle feedback from you folks.

Cheers

looks very much like a original pully thats been bodged up

you will be well pleased if your used to a jabba charger...g werks did mine in late summer and it pulls much harder now

The charger has the wider gates belt fitted. So that's good.

The charger appears to have been looked after. Looks to be in good nic inside. All rotates freeley.

Will prob split the case later on. See if all is as it should be inside. :lol:

My jabba charger had the oil seals pushed in too far, which is why it leaked oil, as Darren found out, when I had him overhaul mine back in November 2004.

Tempest

My jabba charger had the oil seals pushed in too far, which is why it leaked oil, as Darren found out, when I had him overhaul mine back in November 2004.

Tempest

It does seem that as a company they have fell from greatness. All I seem to read is bad stories??

My charger has had work done on it by Jabba. When I called them for a price it was like talking to a wall. As it is already at S4 and I don't want any porting work done how much for a rebuild?? S4 price mate?? I said that price includes porting work? Yes he said. I said I don't want that work just seals n bearings ect....Stage 4 price mate???

Is that wright??

Well I split the charger case...

Wow what an amazing bit of kit that is. Once you realise how it works. Sought of gulping air. Genius really. Must really move at high RPM's!!! :shock:

Anyway all is in good condition. everything looks as it should be. None looks like those burnt out internals on matey matey :lol:

The front half of the charger is full of oil so I guess the seals are gone?

Seal strips beige in colour were about 0.5 cm short on most of the scroll. They are really hard. I imagines that they would be soft. I read that they have springs?? Could no see any.

Now to get it overhauled.

So here are some shots.

Correct me if i'm wrong (which i probably am-been nearly a year since i had a charger!) but that looks like a 6 port charger out of a rallye?

Correct me if i'm wrong (which i probably am-been nearly a year since i had a charger!) but that looks like a 6 port charger out of a rallye?

Hi. Yes you are correct. I checked the previous Jabba receipt n certificate. It does state under notes. 1990 6 port diffuser?? Is that good or bad?

What is involved in porting the charger. Is it just the outlet that is ported and the inlet chamber if wanted. I saw that on B&B. Does anything get worked on internally?

The 6 port charger was used on rallyes (and i think early raddos), they tended to crack because the walls between the ports were thin, Corrados tend to use 4 port chargers with thicker walls.

Not too sure about the porting bit though, get hold of g-man he'd be the person to help you out with that one!