Sign in to follow this  
Nick_Micouris

Help with my Lupo

Hi All,

Just picked up our Lupo 1.4s - had a brilliant drive home and was adjusting the heater. All well until it got stick on the face direction on the rotary heater controls.

It was actually quite stiff, but it moved all the way round and then would not go back beyond the face direction!!!

I dont want to force it for fear of snapping something.

Does anyone have any advice on what I should do!? Anyone on here have a Lupo or have any experience with them?

Thanks,

Nick

Sounds like a lot of late rados. I don't know why but my direction control is much easier to turn when the fan setting is switched to the off position. Worth a try if you haven't already.

Hello Mr Ots!

Yeah - I actually just had a go at moving the controls with the blower off and it worked, but I think I have some kind of problem there as it is still stiff!

Nice Rado, btw! :)

Hello Mr Ots!

Yeah - I actually just had a go at moving the controls with the blower off and it worked, but I think I have some kind of problem there as it is still stiff!

Nice Rado, btw! :)

Yeah there is still a problem but at least you can turn the direction control without breaking it with the blower off. I must have a look at what's causing it on mine when I get time. You would think VW would have cured this 10+ years on :roll:

Thanks for the compliment. :)

Sounds like a lot of late rados. I don't know why but my direction control is much easier to turn when the fan setting is switched to the off position. Worth a try if you haven't already.

that's because that's how it's meant to be operated, with the fans off. if the fan is on then you'r trying to move the flaps in the air box against the air flow, which is why the controls break.

always have the fan speed set to zero when you change the blower direction and you won't break heater controls anymore.

The thing is though PhatVR6 the controls are still stiff with the blower off, they definately shouldn't be like that. They are just a little easier to turn with the blower off.

if they are stiff, then you need to have a look and find out why! usually it's because some plank of an alarm installer has rammed a load of wiring and some leccy boxes up behind the dash and kinked the cables that operate the heater box flaps.