Sign in to follow this  
Critical_Mass

plug, no plug

Ive taken the brake ducts off my car to get the bumper off. Ive discovered a plug on the drivers side one. However i couldnt see a wire with a plug to go into it? Can someone tell me what it is, what it does, why there isnt anything plugged into it and should should there be?

thanks guys.

I think thats the outside temp sensor, would think the plug that should plug into that is stuffed up inside the bumper somewhere. Would think someones had the bumper off in the past and forgot to plug it back in.

MFA works ok, bar the fact it resets itself when ignition is turned off. but thats not related to this. Is the temp sensor blue? cant see where it can be.

Thing is ive had bumper off myself due to damage and have replaced it with a different one. Couldnt see no wires pretruding out of the bumper that could be for this.

This is what the temp sensor looks like, sure it shouldn't plug into anything in the brake duct, i moved mine so i could see what temp the air was I was taking in.

could it be a connector to the us style side indicators? I think both euro and us spec cars had the same wiring loom, so there would be a set of plugs for both locations.

the temp sensor is inside the wing, if i remember correctly.